This service is a free social welfare consultancy for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans, Intersex and Pluses (LGBTI+) under the scope of Rainbow Project, funded by the European Union under the the Cypriot Civil Society in Action VII Grant Scheme and implemented by Queer Cyprus Association.
The Rainbow Project, which is funded by the European Union under the Cypriot Civil Society in Action VII Grant Scheme and implemented by the Queer Cyprus Association, commenced on 13 April 2022 and will continue for 30 months. The project aims to increase LGBTI+ inclusiveness in the education and health sectors in the northern part of Cyprus. With the support of relevant stakeholders, the Rainbow Project aims to ensure the capacity, effectiveness and sustainability of LGBTI+’s rights to education and health, as well as increasing LGBTI+ community members’ access to these rights. Moreover, the project will contribute to increasing the diversity of the Queer Cyprus Association’s supporters through the project’s community-building activities. This consultancy service, that will be provided within the scope of the project, will be provided free of charge to LGBTI+s who have social needs and are exposed to economic exclusion.
Some of the working areas within the scope of social work service are as follows:
- Providing solution to legal, medical, social, etc. problems that trans people will experience during the gender affirming process and following-up process,
- Coming-out process,
- Education life,
- Work life
- Counseling on legal rights,
- Counseling on health rights,
- Processes related to military service,
- In case LGBTI+s are discriminated against; legal guidance, psycho-social support and client and empowering the applicant,
- Socialization and peer solidarity,
- Solidarity with imprisoned LGBTI+s,
- Empowering people who are exposed to socio-economic exclusion and directing them to the right resources, etc.
It is the policy of QCA to provide equal opportunities to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, gender characteristic, marital status.
Social Welfare Service Application Form: https://forms.gle/oAkTU5f3SFQW6WRZ7