Queer Cyprus Association – Diversity of Colours Project
Lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans, intersex and beyond (LGBTI+), the Diversity of Colours Project for a Cyprus where all colours can coexist!
This project aims to improve access of LGBTI+’s to human rights and to prevent discrimination in the northern part of Cyprus. The Diversity of Colours Project started on December 2018 and will continue for 3 years, it is funded by the European Union under the “Cypriot Civil Society in Action VI” Grant Scheme and implemented by Queer Cyprus Association.
The project will carry out the following activities:
- In-house capacity building activities
- Trainings for psychologists and lawyers
- Internship programme and working with volunteers
- Fund raising activities
- Newsletters, web-site, social media and broadcasting
- Media Monitoring and Reporting
- Management Information System (MIS) Software Development and Consultancy Services
- Local meetings against homophobia, biphobia and transphobia
- International conferences in cooperation with universities
- Booklets related to LGBTI+ issues
- The Attitude Survey based on homophobia, biphobia and transphobia
- Legal Research, Gap analysis & Improvement recommendation on the ‘legal framework’ with regards to LGBTI+ issues and advocacy to initiate reform.
- Strategic litigation
Legal, psychological and social consultancy services to LGBTI+’s will be provided under the project.
To benefit these services: +90542 858 5847 (Queer Cyprus Solidarity Line)
About Queer Cyprus Association:
Queer Cyprus Association; is a civil society movement that works to combat discrimination based on gender, gender expression, sexual orientation and gender identity. Queer Cyprus is an organization that works in various fields such as law, education, psychology, health for the access of LGBTI+’s to human rights in cooperation with local and international organizations.
Until Today LGBTI+ Movement:
In 2014, the Penal Code related legal text amended in the northern part of Cyprus and homosexuality no longer classified and considered as a crime. With the Unspoken Project, which funded by the EU under the “Cypriot Civil Society in Action V” Programme, we started to speak about the unspoken; now it is time to come together for a Cyprus with all its colours. Diversity of Colours Project aims to improve the capacity of Queer Cyprus Association and will continue to combat homophobia, biphobia and transphobia within the community.