This service is a free social welfare consultancy for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans, Intersex and Pluses (LGBTI+) within the scope of Helix Project funded by the European Union under the Cypriot Civil Society in Action VIII Grant Scheme and implemented by the Queer Cyprus Association (QCA).
Building up on the previous EU-funded projects implemented by QCA, the Helix Project aims to contribute to better protection of the human rights of LGBTIQ+s in the northern part of Cyprus. The project will follow a process that will increase the resilience of the LGBTIQ+ community in general, and particularly Queer Cyprus Association and its activists. The project, which commenced on March 15th, 2023, will last for a duration of 30 months.
Social work service, that will be provided within the scope of the project, will be provided free of charge to LGBTI+s who have social needs and are exposed to economic exclusion.
- Providing solution to legal, medical, social, etc. problems that trans people will experience during the gender affirming process and following-up process,
- Coming-out process,
- Education life,
- Work life
- Adjusting to normal life after Covid 19,
- Counseling on legal rights,
- Counseling on health rights,
- Processes related to military service,
- In case LGBTI+s are discriminated against; legal guidance, psycho-social support and client and empowering the applicant,
- Socialization and peer solidarity,
- Solidarity with imprisoned LGBTI+s,
- Empowering people who are exposed to socio-economic exclusion and directing them to the right resources, etc.
It is the policy of QCA to provide equal opportunities to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, gender characteristic, marital status.
Social Welfare Service Application Form: https://bit.ly/3Qe7HBP