Queer Cyprus Association is looking for a part-time Fundraising Expert with the following qualifications to work for the project entitled “Diversity of Colours” funded by the EU. The Diversity of Colours Project aims to ensure the access of human rights to LGBTI+’s in the northern part of Cyprus and to prevent discrimination.
- To prepare and implement a strategy plan for the volunteers, to manage the internship program and to fulfil the requirements effectively;
- To formulate policies and implement regarding the management of existing resources and development of new resources in line with the vision and mission of the Association;
- To prepare and implement the fundraising strategy and plans, updating them periodically or according to needs, managing the practical and managerial elements, and efficiently fulfilling their requirements;
- Identify and implement methods for individual, institutional and public one-time and regular donations;
- Taking actions for the donors and ensuring that these activities are accurate, transparent and timely.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Graduated from related departments of Universities or Vocational Schools (social sciences such as business, public relations, radio, TV and journalism departments would be a plus).
- Languages: Turkish: excellent speaking and writing skills; English: good speaking and writing skills; Greek: a plus.
- Good knowledge of Word and Excel,
- Team work predisposition and team coordination,
- Good level of oral and written communication skills,
- Ability to explain complex subjects in a simple and exciting way,
- Preferably have a D class driver’s license and actively driving,
- Adequate clarity and flexibility to acquire new knowledge and skills in a short period of time.
PROFESSIONAL & SPECIFIC EXPERIENCE
- At least 1 year of experience in Individual and institutional fund-raising. Preparing fund-raising / marketing strategies experiences would be a plus,
- Experience of non-governmental organizations would be a plus.
We ask applicants to send their Turkish and English CVs without photographs and a letter of interest in Turkish to “firstname.lastname@example.org” with the e-mail subject of “Fundraising Expert Job Application”. Applications which are not made as stated above will not be taken into consideration. A short preliminary interview will be held with the applicants and then the shortlisted candidates will be interviewed later.
The deadline for the application is 01 February 2019, 18.00 (Cyprus time).
It is the policy of QCA to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital status.
Duty: Fundraising Expert
Responsible for Reporting: Diversity of Colours Project Coordinator
WORKING HOURS: 17.5 hours weekly with timesheet in working days (not less than 0.5 days)
Duration of the Job: up to 36 months
This project is funded by the European Union under the Cypriot Civil Society in Action Programme and implemented by the Queer Cyprus Association.